Created in 1995, Community Business Partnership is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization working in collaboration with a number of local, regional and national organizations to promote small business growth in in Fairfax County and beyond.
“We help small businesses start and grow. Our mission is to be the premier provider of full spectrum educational and support services to small businesses in Fairfax County and beyond; enabling them to make a significant contribution to a vibrant local economy.”
Our Core Business
Community Business Partnership serves as your one stop shop for starting and growing your small business. We are a business incubator and training center with five centers of business assistance excellence:
- a Women’s Business Center: our primary operation to assist entrepreneurs starting their business;
- a Small Business Development Center: our organization that assists established businesses seeking growth;
- a Business Finance Center: led by staff adept at offering non traditional business financing;
- a Business Incubation Center: providing space, mailbox, and training room rentals for local businesses; and
- a Veterans Business Outreach Center: expertise for veterans and spouses seeking to start and grow businesses
We serve potential and existing small business owners including women, veterans, and minorities primarily located in Fairfax County, Virginia.
Our Veterans Business Outreach Center has a much larger coverage area including Northern Virginia, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Delaware, and Pennsylvania.
We empower our clients by providing access to resources in order to fulfill their dreams, to provide for their financial security as well as that of their families, and to contribute to the economic growth of their communities.
2019 activities include:
- 317 Training Events with 3,444 Attendees
994 Individual Counseling Sessions
Breakdown of those serviced:
- 65% People of Color
- 67% Female
- 51% Veterans, Active Duty, or Military Spouse
- 15% Disabled
Thanks to an annual grant from Fairfax County, Virginia, we are able to leverage significant operation funding from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
CBP management and staff are contracted annually through an agreement with George Mason University and a representatives from the Fairfax County Economic Development Authority and the Fairfax County Small Business Commission have permanent seats on the CBP Board of Directors.